[Bradford] Bridging Wlan & eth

Brian A bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Fri Jul 31 12:05:36 UTC 2015

I'm using a headless Pi, running Raspbian, to pick up a WiFi signal via a dongle (wlan1). That works OK. I want to link this to the Pi's ethernet port so I can use it to feed to a switch.I'm generally confused about the best way to bridging Wlan to Ethernet. I've read about so many different ways, on the Net, followed by comments that it didn't work. Some people saying it isn't possible using IP Tables - whilst others say differently. Some using various other means.
So can anyone offer any advice please as to the best direction to take? I don't want to use NAT as there is already NAT on the router to cope with and it can only create more problems for my VoIP services.
Also, I've got another dongle (wlan0) which acts as an access point. I'd like to link that to the received Internet as well if possible.