[Bradford] Recovering "missing" files from NTFS

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Tue Mar 17 13:19:28 UTC 2015

Hi David

That is the beauty of System rescue. Unlike Parted Magic, it does not mount
anything itself. So the damaged components are not touched other than by a
specific operator command.

To use ddrescue, all you need to do is to mount the damaged filesystem and the
destination to which you intend to make the copy (which could be another
network, another hard drive, a USB flash disk etc.). Nothing else on the
machine is touched by System rescue.