[Bradford] iOs, Android Apps Built and Deployed From Linux... Recommended Approaches...?

Robert Burrell Donkin robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 10:51:52 UTC 2015

I must be feeling a little better today, since I awoke with an itch of
the coding variety...

I'm struck that a simple Airedale train timetable app.

Convenience and ease of use for a static time table rather than extra
shiny features and live data. Smart guesses (like using geo-location
to select nearest station, for example, and perhaps using stats to
work out and display most likely journeys) using baked in static data
which will work offline.

Open source on Github so people can fork, update the data then build
and deploy their own little timetable apps, I think. Ditto branding.
Maybe even talk Metro into maintaining their own official smart
timetables one day...

Nativescript looks shiny[1] to me

But how - given I develop on Linux and use an locked iPhone - are the
recommended deployment options...?

Any advice...?

Robert
[1] https://www.nativescript.org/