[Bradford] Donations and LXQt

Steve Kerr steve at cullingworth.net
Wed Dec 21 13:19:07 UTC 2016

I've eventually got around to installing Fedora 25 with the (default) Gnome
desktop environment on my laptop. I also retro-installed LXQt and was quite
impressed with it as a lightweight desktop environment. After fiddling with
the config for a while a found a dark-ish theme that looked quite
reasonable. I did find that some applications that work fine with Gnome 3
and KDE 5 didn't take too well to it and rendered in a super-retro-widgets
style - I've probably got something misconfigured!

I was very impressed by the performance of the Gnome desktop on my
'mediocre' laptop - I can only assume this is down to the replacement of X
with Wayland.

Has anyone else experienced the wonders of Wayland?