[Bradford] Currys/PC World

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Tue Feb 16 21:31:10 UTC 2016

Hi all

A friend went into Currys/PC World to buy a desktop computer; we had already
discussed possible choices, the cheaper one having an AMD processor and the
more expensive one an Intel processor but otherwise the specs were almost
identical.

He asked the shop assistant why one was cheaper than the other and was told it
had a faster processor but you couldn't do anything with documents on it
because it didn't have Microsoft Office. So my friend said that he was going to
put Linux on it; to which the shop assistant said he still couldn't do
anything with documents on it because it didn't have Microsoft Office.