[Bradford] Skype alpha for Linux

Brian A bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 21:19:44 UTC 2017

I don't normally use Skype but I have along lost friend who wanted to use it to communicate with me.
The version available on the download section of the Skype web site is for Ubuntu 12 - so is way out of date and I didn't feel inclined to install it.
However, I can across thishttps://community.skype.com/t5/Linux/Skype-for-Linux-Alpha-and-calling-on-Chrome-amp-Chromebooks/td-p/4434299
orSkype for Linux Alpha and calling on Chrome & Chromebooks

|   |
Skype for Linux Alpha and calling on Chrome & Chromebooks
 We want to make it easy for anyone to connect on Skype. Today, we’re pleased to announce the launch of the Alpha...  |   |

So far I've not tried receiving video, only sending,  but everything else works just fine. It was very easy to install - no problems at all with the Debian edition running on LinuxMint 17.3  Cinnamon. You'll see that there is an rpm version as well.