[Bradford] Bradford Libraries: Free Magazines

Brian A bradlug at hackroyd.org.uk
Fri Mar 17 10:37:19 UTC 2017

A reminder, and for those who don't know, that if you live in Bradford you can use your Library card to view Magazines in Zinio for free. Zinio is available as a phone/tablet application. Magazines can also be viewed via the Zinio web site.
Zinio did work on Linux as a desktop application,  with the aid of 'Adobe Air',  but that is no longer the case (unless you know otherwise).
The magazines include, amongst many others: Linux Format, Net, PC Pro, Computer Shopper, Computer Music, Apple Magazine, Mac Format, Mac User, iPad and iPhone User, Computer Music, Digital Arts.
There is a heavy bias towards 'proprietary', particularly Apple, in there. I battled to get a Linux magazine included, some time ago now, and we got 'Linux Format' so why not make use of it!