[Bradford] Interesting subject

Bernard Czenkusz bernie.skipole at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 20:01:52 UTC 2023

Hi, I've just come across an interesting subject:

https://nostr.com/

If I understand it correctly:

It seems to be a simple messaging system; you publish a message to a
number of relays, and anyone subscribing to one, or more, of those
relays can get your message.

Each message is key signed,  so you can subscribe to a particular user's
public key - and hence to that user. You just need to know a relay that
user is on.

Unlike Mastodon it is not single server based, but is distributed across
the relays, which store and forward from and to clients. You can add or
move relays.

Described as open and distributed, with anyone able to run clients or
relays, it seems viable for text, and possibly other forms of data sharing.

I think it interesting as it seems to be straightforward and potentially
open to future developments.

cheers

   Bernard