[Bradford] Meeting Tuesday 10 October 2023

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Thu Oct 12 14:59:37 UTC 2023

Dear all

I have not put up any meeting notes because, apart from mentioning the use of the Hackers
Keyboard[1] on Android, the only thing we did was to install and try  out Discord[2] for meetings;
people installed it on computers and smartphones and found that you could use it happily in
Firefox.

Brian set up a Discord server named BradLUG; use https://discord.gg/jxtBCPRg[3] to access
it.
Discord allows up to 50 text users but only 8 video users; so it will not be suitable if numbers at
meetings increase. Also it requires people to sign in, one of the reasons why we moved from
Jitsi meet to Calyx meet.
John

--------
[1] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard