[Chester LUG] Bits for sale, and movement on our idea I think :)

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 00:42:20 UTC 2006

Hi Guys !

Well first off, I think we may have good idea with the computers etc. I
asked around and the homeless shelters etc and they were in general most
receptive to the idea of free kit. Mind who wouldn't be :) We now need to
see what we can actually do with regards to getting kit and the WEEE
directive ( a right PITA_

Roger, I know i've been delayed but I should find out about those pcs on
monday! The monitor went to Fintan for his mum. which I will be delivering
over the weekend.

Lastly, I dunno if its allowed but I have a semi busted laptop for sale. If
anyone is interested let me know.

It's a Thinkpad T23 laptop with a faulty backlight. Its properly the
inverter but its either of those two and I don't fancy deconstructing it ;)
The screen itself is fine (and is a damn good one, and the laptop very
rugged and durable)

It runs Linux (don't you love IBM kit!) and the specs are

1.2 GHz Pentium 3
256 MB with one memory expansion slot
30 GB HDD with W2K pre installed via software partition and w2k licence
CDR/W & DVD drive
2 USB/1 Parallel/1 serial/1 PS2 port

Good Battery and power adapter

I'm only looking for £50 for it