[Chester LUG] The rc level question I asked.

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Tue May 13 14:46:55 UTC 2008

People,

I have the answer, yes indeedie!

As to the question of does it run through all runlevels to get to its final
runlevel the answer is yes.

What happens is this.

It enters the first run level and runs the S* scripts.
As it enters run level 2 it compares what it should have running as opposed
to what is running and issues a K* script if it a service is not required at
that level or an S* script if an unstarted service is required at that item.
Of course all the contents of the folders are links to the sbin folder but
we know that anyhow ;)

How do I know? Just covered it on my online training manual for SuSe. I
really should learn to keep myself from "how does that work" questions.

Stu