[Chester LUG] LTO

Wijnand van der Giessen giessenw at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:36:55 UTC 2010

  Hi all,

I bought an LTO drive from ebay, it worked fine until I pulled the molex
power plug while the computer was still running. When I plugged it back
in while the computer was switched off nothing happened anymore the
drive seems to be truly dead. Also tried it on another machine.

Does anyone have any experience with this. I have had a closer look but
do not see anything that is damaged or discolored or anything indicating
a fault. Not found any fuse type devices as well that might have blown
and need replacing.

I'm guessing it requires a complete circuit board replacement but that
might be too expensive for my purposes.

Anyone any advice?

*Les*, is this Thursday the next meet. I have not been to any of the
ones for this year so far due to various time restrictions.

Regards

      Wijnand