[Chester LUG] A short talk?

Ben Arnold benarnold at fsfe.org
Wed Oct 20 10:16:29 UTC 2010

Hi --

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:16:56 +0100, you (Stuart) wrote:
|  I am willing to give a short talk on a somewhat underused/
|  misunderstood part of linux, that is the use of logical volumes, the
|  creation and expansion of them as well as common design criteria for
|  layouts and disk management. I can even do some redhat on mainframe
|  stuff if anyone wants to know about the mad disk setups using
|  "minidisks".
|
|  If everyone knows it already, just ignore me.

Sounds interesting, don't seem to know much about this stuff for some
reason... perhaps because I have to 'manage' a grand total of three
disks over two machines! Would like to see it in action a bit. I
remember Tom at LivLUG give a talk [1] on a related topic, ZFS and
LVM/RAID stacks and abstraction, which was very interesting, but some
of it went a little above me!

Cheers,
Ben

1: http://livlug.org.uk/meetings:2010_february