[Chester LUG] Cheap low power high spec XBMC from Apple

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:46:35 UTC 2011

Well, not quite. I don't know if anybody noticed, but it looks like there is
a jailbreak for apple tv 2. We where speaking about it at the LUG a few
months ago. It came out a few weeks ago. Ok, so ATV2 doesn't have local
storage, but it can do nfs, samba, pnp etc etc over its wired or wireless

Best thing of all, it's only £99 and it only uses 5 Watts thanks to its A4
MIPS CPU.  The jailbreak is called seasonpass

Will report back tomorrow after visiting Mr Jobs' house of tech porn :)