[Chester LUG] Password manager

Les Pritchard les at chesterlug.org.uk
Wed Jul 18 11:49:23 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts. My problem was creating (or rather remembering) a
new unique pass phrase for each site. If you use some form of pattern, once
one is found an attacker would have more information to attempt access to
others I own. Using a hardware device like the Yubikey is a nice idea and
works well. Personally I wanted something that would work on any system
without the need for carrying around additional hardware and would work on
all smartphones.

Obviously it's all about finding a solution that works for you. You seem to
have it cracked with a nice solution. This app was something to solve my
own need and hopefully it will help some others too.

Thanks for looking

Les