[Chester LUG] Slightly OT: perfect little machine for a low(ish) power Linux server

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 00:12:58 UTC 2012

I remember there being some talk at Liverpool LUG about a suitable
machine for a low power home server. If anybody here is considering
building a Linux server for either home or a small business, HP has this
Proliant Microserver at only £159 (after cahsback). This includes a
250GB hard-disk and 2GB ECC memory!

http://www.ebuyer.com/281915-hp-proliant-turion-ii-n40l-microserver-100-cashback-658553-421

It seems to me this would make a cracking Linux server for home or a
small business. I'm not entirely sure why is it so cheap - specially as
it has a server grade mobo and RAM. Too bad I'm not about to build any
server for clients at the moment - I'm almost tempted to buy one and
keep it just in case.

No affiliation with HP or Ebuyer - I just thought somebody might benefit
from the heads up.

Sebastian