[Chester LUG] The Mersey tunnel trip

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:10:46 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting round to this but I have been busy studying
for and passing my VCP exam!

The Mersey tunnel tours look quite interesting and quite inexpensive, as
well as being local for everyone.

The tours include all sorts of usually unseen things including the control
room and behind the scenes infrastructure.

If you would like more info on it all, it can be found here:
http://www.merseytunnels.co.uk/nossl/html/tunnel_tour.php

The duration of the tour is between 2 to 3 hours. It is also quite cold so
wrap up warm if you fancy coming.

As for dates I would suggest Saturday 24th because that way it will be
fresh in our minds for our social the following week!

So therefore, in summary:

24th @ 10 am for 2 - 3 hours, followed maybe by lunch if everyone is up for
it.

We can get the train from Chester to James street (inbound platform is
closed, but you can whip around the loop and get off as it heads back
towards Chester

Costs are:

£6.70 for the train to and from Chester
£5.00 for the tour.
Lunch money, or beer money  if we are doing a few beers afterwards.

*I DO NEED NUMBERS AS I WILL NEED TO BOOK AHEAD*

Therefore, please let me know by close of play Friday.

Regards

Stuart