[Chester LUG] LUG Meet Thursday

Roger Gibson roger at rcgibson.plus.com
Tue Feb 23 10:54:02 UTC 2016

Sorry Les, I'm away Thursday.  Should be here for the next one.  If
there is nothing else on the agenda, I could bring along the matter
outlined below for a hands on live project - Roger.

I have a new home security camera for which I have the internet address
of a flash_hd.asp feed to the monitoring laptop.  The camera has a
continuously overwriting (about 2 weeks worth) 128GB SD card and can
alternately download via camera software to the monitoring laptop
instead, but not both.  Since also the live feed comes as a flash as
mentioned above which I can view in a browser, can I also capture this
feed in say 10 minute chunks as files to a directory on or attached to
the monitoring laptop.  That way I have back up in case either SD card
or monitoring laptop fails, and can store records for longer with bigger
storage medium.  Ideally the storage files should be in as concise and
universally readable medium as is sensible while maintaining original
discrimination for reading number plates etc.  I have a fixed IP address
for my home broadband.

This ought to be easy.  Anyone got any ideas?  If it helps, I could
bring it along as a project one Thursday.

On 23/02/2016 08:17, Les Pritchard wrote:

> He he, enjoy your new LUG!
>
> On Feb 23, 2016 12:27 AM, "Michael Crilly" <michael at mcrilly.me
> <mailto:michael at mcrilly.me>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks, Les. Reminds me I have to find a local LUG here, which
>     I've just done.
>
>     Maybe I'll find two jobs and free hardware at this LUG as well? Haha!
>
>     Hope everyone is well.
>
>     - Michael C.
>
>     > On 23 Feb 2016, at 09:35, Les Pritchard <les.pritchard at gmail.com
>     <mailto:les.pritchard at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > It's been a while since we've all met up, so we're definitely
>     due a LUG meet this Thursday. At the moment we don't have a venue,
>     but I'm hoping to confirm somewhere (probably a pub in the centre)
>     soon. In the meantime, pop it in your diary that we will be
>     meeting somewhere this Thursday from 7.30.
>     >
>     > See you then.
>     >
>     > Les