[Colchester] hello

Caroline Johnston johnston at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 21 23:25:17 GMT 2007

Hi,

Just joined the list, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm in the final year
of a PhD in bioinformatics at Essex Uni, and a molecular biologist
originally. We use various flavours of linux at work (mostly ubuntu these
days, but we've dabbled with suse and fedora). There don't seem to be many
linux users up at the uni, certainly not in the biology dept, so it was
great to find out about the lug. I don't have a computing background so
I've been mostly making the admin stuff up as I go along. It'd be nice to
meet some folk who actually know what they're talking about :)

See you in the pub on the 5th?

Cass xx