[Colchester] SUSE and Fedora in general

Toby Whaymand toby.whaymand at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 20 16:43:32 GMT 2007

LOL Thanks guys!  I forgot to mention that SUSE is still very dependent
on the command line and the GNOME terminal in SUSE does not allow you to
copy and paste commands which is does in Ubuntu...

With regards to Fedora - Red Hat they used to be the leaders of the
Linux market because at the time Red Hat was completely free and a top
class distribution. The Ubuntu of it's time.

Then came along Fedora which is poor the sound effects are cheesy.  If
you never used Linux and you had low expectations of free software I
think Fedora would prove you right. Which is a shame because
distributions like Ubuntu and SUSE are great and in lots of way are
Superior to Windows (I am not side tracking about what I said about
SUSE)

I believe what I am saying is true and is reflected in the fact that
Fedora only has around 2 million users.

Thanks

Toby