[Colchester] CLUG meeting today

Jai Harrison jai at jaiharrison.com
Sat Apr 5 19:19:47 BST 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 6:13 PM,  <john at cloned.org.uk> wrote:

>  Get with the times- these are now pretty standard! Throw together an old PC
> and stick a TV card in and install MythTV and, poof, a PVR! I agree iPlayer
> is a bit sucky, but its useful as a last resort.

I don't have a capable spare PC that I could convert into a MythTV
and, even if I did, I don't have the technical knowledge required to
set MythTV up (although Mythbuntu may make the software side easier
I'm awful with hardware).

>  If you really can't do any of the others there is always the repeats on
> BBC3, Sun 6th April, 8pm; Fri 11th April 8:30pm. (I assume you have
> Freeview? How could any die hard fan live without the other gubins they show
> on the ancillary channels? ;)

I have BBC3, yeah. But those repeats are significantly later than the
original airing for a fan of the series such as myself.

>  In any case, it's upto you. I seem to have covered 9 different options for
> alternate viewing than watching it as it's aired on the beeb, but I guess if
> you'd prefer to put TV over CLUG meet that's your choice :-)

Yeah, since you guys *changed* the date that the LUG meeting is held
on. Congratulations on messing everything up.

Heh. As you can see I am *not* pleased with the new LUG meeting time
and won't be attending any meetings in the near future.

Jai