[Colchester] Install party: a little progress

Tom Robbins me at tomrobbins.me.uk
Sat Feb 16 15:01:01 GMT 2008

Hey Sam,

The flier looks cool, but it's a bit difficult to read in places:
- the black on white on black text at the top is a bit difficult to
read. It definitely catches the eye, but if people have to concentrate
on the shape of the letters then they may not bother. How about
something simpler, like white with a black border and a yellow drop shadow?
- the black text on a darkish background at the bottom doesn't stand out
too well. If you tint the background it might help, even if it's still a
fairly dark shade.

We've got some graphics which we made for Software Freedom Day last
year. I'll find them and send them to you - might be helpful.

Not sure about the wavier either. I think it might put people off and it
certainly seems a bit officious for an informal group to be doing. We
probably should have something, but this isn't the US and I don't think
we're likely to be sued for malpractice. I'll have a look and see if I
can come up with something more appropriate.

Tom