[Colchester] The Internet

Joao Verissimo jl.verissimo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 10:12:34 BST 2008

> There one thing I would like to see... Every body getting together and
> target an ISP like Virgin Media and try and get better support for Linux.
>  If everyone (being Linux users) across the UK acted as one then the ISP
> will adjust to include Linux support
>

>I think Linux is very well supported these days. Obviously with Linux you
should get a router and not even try and use a USB Modem.

I actually just had some problems with Virgin's modem... no internet at all,
until I launched Internet Explorer inside a virtual machine and it went
through the configuration.... with all sorts of questions and form fields
that I really didn't think I should answer to have a working internet
connection.
Despite the fact that the bloke who installed it said that he had configured
it all for me and I wouldn't need Windows.