[Colchester] The greatest prime minister of all time

Tom Robbins me at tomrobbins.me.uk
Sun Jun 15 15:56:37 BST 2008

Thank you Wayland.

I agree that we shouldn't assume that Labour meant well, and that
therefore they can be forgiven everything. The government is there to
run the country. Whether or not their heart is in the right place is
immaterial. If we were talking about a doctor there wouldn't be any
question of whether or not they meant well if they had a similar record
of such appalling cock-ups.

Historically, authoritarianism has at least been efficient even if it is
oppressive. Our lot can't even manage that, although I'm sure that if
asked they'd volunteer to take on more special powers in the name of
efficiency.