[Colchester] CNBC Europe's The Leaders (again)

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 21:59:39 BST 2008

Toby Whaymand wrote:
> The TV show interviews CEO's form all the top businesses around the world from BT to Co-Ca Cola to some bank you never heard of....
>
> When I was watching this, some times highly interesting show I just thought to myself would it not be great in they interviewed some body within the Open Source world...
>
> It be a great way to promote Linux to Europe if not the world (That if the show get broadcast outside of Europe)
>
> Thanks
>
> Toby

Toby,

Yes I agree, too much of what non-experts know about computers seems to
just be about Microsoft. It can be very easy for them to assume for
example that if you are running software you did not pay for then you
stole it. You then end up with laws making P2P illegal for instance.
Also with subjects like Patents people seem to think that only one
person can have an idea and everybody else is just stealing their idea.
Therefore all ideas have to be paid for, "oh I wish I'd thought of that,
I would instantly be a millionaire just for having a thought".