[Colchester] Multi - platfrom world becoming a reality

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Fri May 2 14:32:29 BST 2008

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 00:04:47 +0100
> From: Toby Whaymand <toby.whaymand at ntlworld.com>
> Subject: [Colchester] Multi - platfrom world becoming a reality
> To: colchester at mailman.lug.org.uk
>
> In the Guardian today they were talking about OS but it was not just
> Windows based there was a mention about Linux.
>
> In another article in today paper about computers Windows, Ubuntu Linux
> OS and Mandriva all got mentioned.
>
> It really good to see the closed minded view being broken
>
> Toby

Toby,

It will take a while for main stream media to 'discover' Linux.

However the murder conviction of Hans Reiser who wrote ReiserFS (the
Linux File System) might be more up their street. Question is, will Hans
be able to work on his FS4 from his prison cell? Also do you want your
file system written by a convicted murderer? If we get fussy about not
employing murderers then who knows where that could lead....

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/05/01/reiser_conviction_re_invention/

Another German Linux developer, Brain Slayer of www.dd-wrt.com but not
convicted of murder so he is OK by me :-)

Regards,
Wayland.