[Colchester] Seems interesting... Android Barcamp and Conference coming up in London

Gary Kearley garykearley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:43:29 UTC 2009

Please see below:-  it seems interesting

From: kevin at novoda.com
Subject: [admin] [Feedback] Android Barcamp and Conference coming up in
       London

Kevin McDonagh sent a message using the contact form at
http://lug.org.uk/contact.

Hi there, could you help the LUGs know about an Android barcamp and conf
coming up in London in December?
We're looking to get a load of great hackers together as we've arranged a
pretty technical conference and barcamp.
We'd appreciate any help promoting it on lists.
Here is the press release I prepared for different android web sites:

Following the resounding success of the Droidcon Berlin conference we're
soon to see an event of equal industry impact in London, UK. Organised by
the active members of 'Londroid' - the monthly London Android meetup
(www.meetup.com/android) DroidCon London will be a two day extravaganza of
Android development. First a Barcamp where we'll just make something
amazing happen between our illustrious selves, then the next day it'll be
an opportunity for hobnob amongst Android's European stars at the
conference. None of your marketing jive here buddy, just developers running
free amongst their own like kittens in a field of buttercups.

1st Dec, Droidcamp - Barcamp for Android hacking - http://tiny.cc/sy5eV
2nd Dec, Droidcon- London Android conference - http://tiny.cc/JJ06V

Schedule:
09:30-10:00    Welcome! Welcome! - Carl Gustaf-Harroch & Kevin McDonagh of
Novoda
10:00-11:00     Advanced Audio Development in Android - Andreas Reuterberg
and Alex Shaw
11:05-11:50     Comparative Analysis of Object Orientead and Procedural
Programming methodologies on the Android Platform - Akshay Dashrath
11:55-12:40     Zii Labs - "Zii Architecture"  A presentation on OpenGL
ES
12:40-13:40     LUNCHEON
13:45-14:30     Parkbench panel
14:30-15:15     Understanding Android bytecode with the Dedexer tool.
Presented by Gabor Paller who writes the blog "My life with Android " and
creator of Dedexter. - Gabor Paller
15:20-16:05     RJDJ - Martin Roth
16:10-16:55     The Future of Mobile, a discussion
17:00-17:45     Parkbench Panel
17:45-18:00     Thank you + prize raffle / competition results

and here is a video of an interview I did in Berlin for some media.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYL3JYEz_-4