[Colchester] Hello!

Russell Briggs russ at paraflyer.net
Sun Mar 3 11:11:57 UTC 2013

Morning All!

Just a quick message to say hello! I am a colchester resident and technical
director at Junari Ltd based in Colchester. I am lucky enough to get play
with Linux in my day job :)

We use Ubuntu Linux servers to host OpenERP and Django-based web
applications for our customers, and run a KVM-based internal development
environment.

I also use linux (ubuntu desktop) on my work laptop and my home PCs.

Unfortunately we do still use Winblows on most of our workstations in the
office, mainly because our customers do too, and we integrate with several
windows-based products such as Sage 50 and Outlook.

I am eager to change this at some point but I havn't really had a chance to
experiment with Wine / Crossover to see if its feasable. Would be
interested if anyone has any experience of using Wine in a commercial
environment?

We are also always on the lookout for good open source developers!

Look forward to meeting any local linux people!

Russ