[Colchester] Hello!

Ian Snow ian.snow at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 4 20:56:39 UTC 2013

Evening Russ

I too am lucky enough to get to play with Linux at work, as I admin Linux
database, web, dns and mail servers as well as hack php and c++ admittedly
currently on Windows but we're moving to Qt so I can code on linux and only
have to compile and test on Windows

I've been using Linux for around a decade now, and at work on the desktop for
the last year with Windows in a VirtualBox VM, due to this I haven't had to
play with Wine in a commercial setting, and last used it at home to play Wow
years ago before it irritated me too much to continue playing

I happen to be a Sage 50 developer and I suspect your mileage will vary, for
one thing Sage UK will likely not support running Sage on top of Wine.
It also has a Sage SData Service these days and I'm not sure how Wine handles
windows services

Ian