[Colchester] Hi guys

Ben Griffin benjuben at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 15:10:16 UTC 2013

o/
Hi, I'm Ben and I'm a slackware user most of the time, although I find
puppy linux very interesting because its secure and highly portable.

I've noticed that the colchester.lug.org.uk page is not available. Is
there a reason for this? I did Internet at collage, maybe I could help
maintain it? I spoke to the guys in #lug.org.uk at  irc.lug.org.uk and
they said colchester lug can have some hosting space on lug.org.uk

My main reason for reaching out to this group is to meet up with other
linux users in colchester. Its easy to find people to chat with online
about linux but near impossible to find anyone to chat to in person.

These raspberry pi things look great but I've never seen one in real
life :(  I've often thought it would be sweet if I could run a
realtime kernel on one and run rakarrack on it and have it as a
portable guitar fx pedal ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/rakarrack/
)

My life outside of being a very mediocre linux sys admin consists
mostly of being a musician. I am playing tonight in colchester town at
the hole in the wall pub. Its a bit of a long shot but if any of you
guys are near then it would be great to chat to you. I'm gonna need to
kill a few hours between sound check at 7pm and playing the gig at
10pm. You wont be able to miss me, I've got one massive 4 year old
unix style beard.

You can often find me hanging out on irc at freenode as the-jub, I've
just started frequenting the #colchester-lug there, also you may find
me as just jub on irc.lug.org.uk in #linux or somewhere

\o
Ben
--
</email>