[Colchester] Hi guys

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 15:52:14 UTC 2013

On 01/11/2013 15:10, Ben Griffin wrote:
> o/
> Hi, I'm Ben and I'm a slackware user most of the time, although I find
> puppy linux very interesting because its secure and highly portable.
>
> I've noticed that the colchester.lug.org.uk page is not available. Is
> there a reason for this? I did Internet at collage, maybe I could help
> maintain it? I spoke to the guys in #lug.org.uk at  irc.lug.org.uk and
> they said colchester lug can have some hosting space on lug.org.uk
>
> My main reason for reaching out to this group is to meet up with other
> linux users in colchester. Its easy to find people to chat with online
> about linux but near impossible to find anyone to chat to in person.
>
> These raspberry pi things look great but I've never seen one in real
> life :(  I've often thought it would be sweet if I could run a
> realtime kernel on one and run rakarrack on it and have it as a
> portable guitar fx pedal ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/rakarrack/
> )
>
> My life outside of being a very mediocre linux sys admin consists
> mostly of being a musician. I am playing tonight in colchester town at
> the hole in the wall pub. Its a bit of a long shot but if any of you
> guys are near then it would be great to chat to you. I'm gonna need to
> kill a few hours between sound check at 7pm and playing the gig at
> 10pm. You wont be able to miss me, I've got one massive 4 year old
> unix style beard.
>
> You can often find me hanging out on irc at freenode as the-jub, I've
> just started frequenting the #colchester-lug there, also you may find
> me as just jub on irc.lug.org.uk in #linux or somewhere
>
> \o
> Ben
Hello Ben,

The site usually lives on my server but I moved it. If someone would
point the domain at 178.251.177.178
I will send the control panel admin settings to whoever will maintain
the site.

I think it's important that the website lives on a Linux machine built
by a member so I would say. Currently it's pointing where I used to have
the server. I tell you what, if you wanna put the webpage on a Raspberry
PI I will host it here since they don't use much juice.

Regards,
Wayland.