[Cumbria] Another topic for discussion: promoting the LUG...

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 16 10:46:01 2002

> Yeah, have meeting further north :o)
>
> Wigton sounds good
>
> Adam Pigg

Unfortunately there's no point having a meeting if there are no members up
here. Currently there's you and myself in the Wigton area, Steve Turner,
Roger Cope and Mat Brunt around Whitehaven, Ken Hough is in Kendal and Mike
and the two Dave's are in the far south of the county. (Oh, and Ian Linwood
is in Annan, but that doesn't count :P ). I doubt that there are only the
current members = who have an interest in Linux in Cumbria, so we need to
figure out how to find them, or help them find us. Hopefully updating with
website will make the LUG more 'available', but there must be some other
ways of 'spreading the word...'

That aside, I'm all in favour on some other meeting locations - many thanks
to Mike for the continued use of the Watermill, but it's one helluva
drive! :)
Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy