[Cumbria] Afternoon

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Dec 26 00:40:01 2002

Chris Plant wrote:

> I'm sure I used to be a member of this list, but what the hey!
>
> Just wondering whats gone on since Jamie disappeared to Uni?
>
> Chris

Hello there Chris, and Merry Christmas (to everyone).

I'm Dave Murphy, the owner of this list (and the webmaster for the LUG
website as well). Mike Brereton is still the Lugmaster. Mike can better
fill you in on what has happened since Jamie left as I didn't know him
(I found the LUG in September). What I can tell you is that the LUG is
now more active, with a couple of meetings under our belt since
September, and three lined up Jan, Feb and March '03. The next meeting
is on the 2nd of Jan at the Water Mill in Gleaston. Don't know what the
start time is (care to chip in here Mike?). Mailing list membership is
currently sitting at twelve, but there are about another four going to
subscribe that I know of. Meeting attendance has been about 6-7 people
at the two I have been to, although the location is a factor in this as
the members are no longer concentrated in the South of Cumbria - there
are now (mailing list) members from Whitehaven, Workington, Wigton and
in one case Annan (or somewhere thereabouts).

On the subject of meeings, how many people are expecting to make it to
the one on the 2nd?

Cheers,
--
Dave Murphy