[Cumbria] Very good review of Red Hat Linux 9

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 2 23:13:00 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Schwuk wrote:

> http://www.gurulabs.com/RedHatLinux9-review.html

Yeah, pretty good review for those who want to understand what's going
on under the hood. I'm surprised there hasn't been a whopping great
flamewar on here recently about the jump to version 9!

The best explanation so far from Red Hat chaps is:

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/phoebe-list/2003-March/004919.html

Although it's still a bit vague. Is he saying that with the big AS, WS
etc. products in place they can be more bleeding-edge with the free
community distro? I really hope not.

More than anything now, though, I'm waiting to see RH's "Personal
Desktop" version that they've mentioned before. Given a few releases
for it to mature, it'll probably be the first distro I'd recommend to
my brother and other non-tech types.

Ah, I'm too beered-up and full of Chinese to rant further.

Mike

--
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk