[Cumbria] Red Hat shoots itself in foot?

Chris Plant cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 1 20:38:01 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 10:05, Ken Hough wrote:
> Chris Plant wrote:
>

> >On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 22:38, Ken Hough wrote:
> >

> >>That may be so. I don't know. Your very cryptic comment is of no help in
> >>understanding that.
> >>

> >It means exactly what I said "Debian is far more suited than SuSE to
> >this particular assignment.", why don't you get off your fucking high
> >horse and read for a change, you retard.
> >
> >Chris
> >

> It seems to me, and judging by other postings that I'm not the one on a
> high horse. Also, I don't need to resort to
> foul language and general abuse to make a point.
I don't have to resort to general abuse and foul language, but it serves
it purpose more efficiently than spending 30mins writing a text about
how your attitude irritates me greatly.

> Neither am I afraid to addmit to ignorance, or to ask for help. I still
> don't know why Debian might be better than
> SuSE for the purpose in question. On the other hand, I probably know a
> fair bit about subjects that you haven't
> a clue about.
Well, I tell you what, how about, instead of posting a stupid post on
here, you use your initiative and google for it.  The differences
between Debian and the more mainstream distros are well documented.  If
you have such a habit as to want to spend sunday mornings installing
distributions, I suggest you stop making stupid and pointless
statements, and start looking at distributions more.

> I find that the best ways to learn about a topic are:
>     --    Not be afraid to ask for help
>     --    Teach the topic

And you have done neither, at least twice on this list.

> Your continueing rudeness, arrogance, and unhelpful comments reflect
> very badly on you.
I find I'm a very black and white person, I form opinions of people very
quickly, and the same in reverse.  I often piss people off, its nothing
new, and I have no intention of changing or apologising to you for my
behaviour.

> Have you got a problem or do you perhaps need psychiatric help?
Nobody has suggested that, but if someone can suggest a good
psychiatrist, maybe I'll arrange an appointment for you.  You obviously
need some kind of help.

> Please give us all a break.
>From what ?  I suggest downtown Washington.  I'll arrange for a board
saying, "I hate blacks and those fucking American scumbags" and a rifle
to meet you.  Make sure you make threatening movements when approached
by a SWAT team.  Shooting at their leader is an excellent start.