[Cumbria] Is this a LUG ?

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 8 01:30:01 2003

Chris Plant wrote:

 > And if we have meetings, why didn't anyone go ?

Well, my absence was already explained to you Chris - for everyone else:
1) No-one else from West Cumbria was going, and it's a hell of a long
drive by yourself... and 2) as it turns out I had other commitments. I
did compose a note to send to the list, but it sat in my outbox until
just now... D'oh! :)

So, without further ado...

May I suggest another meeting in, say, two weeks time (Thurs 20th?).
Gleaston is a bit of a killer for us West/North Cumbria folks (and the
Annan dwellers, eh Ian :P), so how about some where a bit more
neutral... Suggestions please... I would suggest either Keswick (because
it's not that easy for anyone!) or Penrith (A66 for West Cumbrians, M6
for South and North Cumbrians (and Annan dwellers).

Agenda for the meeting will be... Wait for it... Nothing. No agenda, no
structure. We'll simply have a get together to discuss all things Linux,
Open Source etc. (and a few members can settle their differences in the
car park outside...). I suppose we can also discuss the LUG and it's
direction (or lack of it). Since it's informal, a public house or
similar location would be best, alchohol is optional (as most, if not
all will be travelling from somewhere), but - personally - food (at
least crisps) would be desirable...

Comments, criticisms, flames etc to the usual address...
--
Schwuk