Re[2]: [Cumbria] a way forward is needed...

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 22 21:28:01 2003

Hello Schwuk,

Saturday, February 22, 2003, 12:32:38 AM, you wrote:

>> If others participate back

> You've hit the nail squarely on the head there...

Yes I agree as long as the response is civil.

We can all be fuckwits with an axe to grind, but this does nothing to
encourage discussion.

Aggressive responses (yes I'm also guilty of these) is what is killing
this group. In-fighting is a problem in ALL groups (hey - even
marriages).

Maybe, we should ALL meet together (I promise not to drag anyone out
to the car park for a personality adjustment) and try to build this
group.

I suggest we should find a location for an informal meeting which is
as near as possible half way between the Northernmost and Southernmost
contributer (ignoring myself, as I'm in a different country). In such
a situation, I'll be there. Lets make it a 'hi - this is me' kind of
thing. No tech agenda, but not excluding that, if parties are
interested.

Lets be friends...
--
Best regards,