[Cumbria] Xandros

Schwuk cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 24 23:05:01 2003

Chris Plant wrote:
> RedHat 8 has done that.  They chose Mozilla, Evolution and OpenOffice,
> pretty smart except for openoffice needing 3/4 of an hour to load.

OOo loading is supposed to be much improved with 1.0.2.

Still haven't gotten to grips with Evolution, mainly because I don't
need a full PIM, and it needs to support GTK2 - it just doesn't look as
nice as the rest of my desktop. Speaking of which, I'm using Mozilla
1.3b with XFT and GTK2 on RH8, and it looks (and performs) very nice.

RedHat still gives you a lot of choices though, but at least it makes
them easier to choose between... I just wish they'd sort out the menu
structure...
--
Schwuk