Re[2]: [Cumbria] Xandros

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 25 22:17:01 2003

Hello Adam,

> A guy at work with ADSL is bringing me mandrake 9.1 rc1 (3cd's).  if anyone
> wants a copy let me know and we'll sort something out
> (took 7 hours for 3 cd's compared to 60 hours for cd1 for me on dial-up :o)

Adam

A friend of mind has access to 10Gb/s of JANET backbone, throttled down to
100Mb/s full duplex to his desk. ISO's come down as fast as the far
server can throw them out. Slack 8.1 took me 15min.  ftp.mirror.ac.uk is
crap as it is heavily throttled. But ironically European and Japanese mirrors work REALLY
well.
--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ian@darksideofthemoon.org.uk