[Cumbria] Comments for Dave M on Knoppix

David Latimer cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 17:09:00 2003

Thanks Dave for passing that on and I have had several brief plays with
it.  I am very impressed with the way it found all my hardware although
I am a little unsure about whether the Alcatel modem since I haven't yet
managed to work out how to connect to the internet.  I did import
several docs and xls files into Open Office without any difficulties
which is also encouraging.

I continue to familiarise myself with it and once I have finished
sorting my XP software yet again, will install one or other of the Linux
varieties that I have courtesy of you folks.

Your comments re the compatibility settings in XP worked a treat and all
the older train software is working OK so I have been able to dispense
with the other OS which I had had to load.  This will help when I find
another few Gigs for the Linux partition.
Dave
best wishes
David Latimer <dave@davlat.freeserve.co.uk>