[Cumbria] Re: All that flamefestery

Roger Cope cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 00:26:03 2003

RedHat continues to be annoyingly different when it comes to file =
location
and directory structure (though at least they allow a single '/' =
partition
to be defined... I cannot believe the 'user friendly' Mandrake distro =
still
insists on multiple physical partitions when using their no brain
installer...).

I keep hoping that the LSB specification will sort RH out but somehow =
they
seem to be able to sign up to it and still remain uncompliant...?

I'm an RH supporter myself, but their latest bit of madness is to modify =
the
KDE standard menu structure so that 'standard' KDE programs like =
krecord,
which normally install themselves into the KDE menu structure can't find =
it
any longer and just install themselves into thin air.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where the menu builder tool is in =
RH8?
Damned if I can find it...