[Cumbria] Re: All that flamefestery

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 14:34:03 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Ken Hough wrote:

> Always buy LXF and LX Mag. Both good. Nice to know that we have local
> representation.

Yeah, but despite slipping numerous references to Ulverston and t'Noorth
in LXF, most people still don't know where it is. Next time I think I'll
submit my work via that Dialect Translator whatsit:

"Eee by gum, yan tan tither, t'Loonix is grand, reet?"

> Agreed -- love or hate. Howver, if Linux is going to take off on the
> desktop, then the likes of YAST are essencial! Desk top users don't know
> how to get under the bonnet and don't want to. Even the likes of me, who
> do like to explore, don't have the knowledge to go it alone.

Absolutely. Even as a Linux user of about 4 years now (started on RH 5.1),
I still prefer to use the graphical tools for some chores. Thankfully,
YaST2 has an ncurses version as well, making it suitable for SSH/telnet
sessions or X-less old boxes.

--
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk