[Cumbria] CUMBRIA LUG -- Red Hat cp SuSE

Roger Cope cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jan 6 19:35:21 2003

In my younger days, still fixated by WordStar, I used Qedit religiously
(amazingly, it still exists - www.semware.com).

Then a little later on I grew into TextPad (www.textpad.com), which I =
still
use on the rare occasion that I need a powerful standalone editor.

Most of my programming has been done in IDEs for many years and I've =
never
felt passionate enough to plug out the IDE editor and plug in a =
replacement.
They're good enough.

WordProcessors, I do get a little more excitable about. WordStar was fun =
(I
first used it on a CP/M driven NorthStar terminal), I was a founder of =
the
UK WordPerfect User Group but the real killer was a stunning word =
processor
called New York Word.

I still have NYW (a DOS WP) and have just located the author, Marc Adler =
at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/magmasystems/Resume.htm - looks like he's
still coding too - a real hero of mine...!