[Cumbria] Next meeting...

Ken Hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 11:07:10 2003

>>Mat Brunt wrote:
>>

>>>And just to recall one of the earliest conversation's I read about
>>>where to advertise the LUG - what about flyers at the tills in
>>>mainline bookshops. Most of the techies I know always seem to end up
>>>there in search for something new to read.

I did try to get my local W.H.Smith's to play ball, but they wouldn't,
despite them selling both LXF and LXM

Ken

>Someone did mention possibly extra / informal meetings at other venues
>such as pubs. That sounds OK by me but we might get a reputation as a
>group of Linux Lounge Lizards.
>

>Hrm, not sure if pubs would be such a good idea -- there's already been
>plenty of debate on this list, so adding alcohol to the mix might not help
>matters much :)

Spoil sport! Can you suggest alternatives?

Ken

>>Perhaps somewhere around Keswick could be good.  Anyone know a good pub
>>there?
>>

>That's the problem with Cumbria -- despite being one of the best counties
>(there's nothing like the Lakes), it's gigantic. Keswick would be a very
>long way for us Furnessians to travel, so maybe we should all state our
>locations and find a place which on average is closest to us all :)
>
>Then again, that'd probably be something like Oxen Park, which is dire
>(used to work there).

I suggested Keswick as probably the least dificult common denominator,
ie on A66. It's still a pain for me, probably moreso than Gleaston.

Ken