[Cumbria] Next meeting...

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 12:41:08 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Ken Hough wrote:

> The beauty of (and problem with) is that we don't have many fast /
> direct roads across the county -- mountains in the way? Long may it
> remain so!

Damn, I knew I should've taken up that privet LearJet my company was
offering! :)

> Agreed. We shall have to go for local meets. Perhaps we could draw up a
> table of members / localities / experience / interests and take it from
> there.

Hokay, I'll start then:

Locality: Ulverston, near The Back of Beyond

Experiences: Under-age drinking, working for =A31.25/hr, Berlioz-esque
romantic obsessions... oh wait. Let's say Speccys, Amigas, STs,
DOS/Win31/Win95, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, basic HTML, C and Python.

Interests: Grumpy Baroque composers, Japan (been twice), beer, Snooker,
really obscure 8/16-bit systems, Bosch, and mayonnaise.

> For a start, I live on the south side of Kendal, am not a professional
> IT guy, but have been using PCs since the IBM/PC XT and Linux for
> something like 5 years. I use Linux for standard office apps, internet,
> TV/Radio, CD playing and burning, Image manipulation

As someone approaching Linux, what do you make of The GIMP? I'm not really
au-fait with that kinda software, and my graphical talents rival
Baldrick's "breakfast" masterpiece, but it seems to be catching the
attention of Photoshop users thesedays.

--=20
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk