[Cumbria] comments

Chris Plant cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 17:06:36 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 10:48, Ken Hough wrote:
> Chris,
>
> While agreeing with many of the points made in your outburst, I DO NOT
> agree with your tone. I'm also fairly blunt in the way I tend to
> approach things, but over the years (I've had a few more than you), I've
> learnt to back padal a bit.
Well, yeah, I would do, but a few members of the LUG are pushing my
patience and my string is a little worn already anyway.

> Not everybody appreciates such a direct asault.
Nah, but I don't really enjoy thinly veiled assaults either.

> I still enjoy a good / strong discussion, but now try to ensure that the
> person(s) to whome I direct things is/are of similar mind.
Yep, and we did, this guy just came and insulted me and Jamie off his
own back.

> Ham radio is a valid interest, as are yours. Please go a little more
> gently. It's much more constructive in the long run.
Sorry, if there was any misunderstanding, I was just calling this
particular HAM Radio group a pain in the ass, not HAM Radioer's in
general.

Chris "I Love Ham Radio Anoraks Lots" Plant

PS The anorak reference dates back to a previous Dave Latimer insult.