[Cumbria] Adding fuel to the fire...

Michael Saunders cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jan 8 22:06:00 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Schwuk wrote:

> Well, that's < 1 second taken up for Nautilus starting...
>
> Come on, if your going to havve a go at something - base it on fact...

Heh, I'm not trolling :)

Just because it starts in under a second on your particular box, doesn't
make my post non fact-based. There are a LOT of older (Pentium 1/2)
machines out there, esp. in businesses, and the sluggish performance of
Nautilus on such machines is not a good advertisement for Linux on the
desktop.

Naut has improved considerably with 2.0, and sports some cute features,
but a file manager which feels as sluggish as XP's interface doesn't
provide a good incentive to switch...

--
Michael Saunders
www.aster.fsnet.co.uk