[Cumbria] My Personal Agenda

Ian Linwood cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 02:20:01 2003

Hello Chris,

> Hello

> There seems to be a concensus amongst the group that I have some kind of
> personal agenda.  I'd like to clarify my position and what I want to get
> from the LUG.

> #1      I'd like to meet and chat with people of a similar mindset.

I want to meet people with as many differing views as I can find. You
don't learn anything with the same mindset.

> #2      I'd like to help people who need help.

Good, ditto.

> #3      I don't particularly want to sit through presentations or
> demonstrations.

I guess we all get enough of this in our professional environments.

> My main point is that we're focusing on trying to cater for everyone
> through the same medium - not everyone wants a formal pre-planned
> meeting!

Contradiction in terms if you think of it. Planned meeting...
Ok everyone can lighter up by buying a round! :-)

> Anyway, I'll go whatever

I'll go straight.

> Chris
Ian.