[Cumbria] Adding *more* fuel to the fire...

Ken hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 21:33:03 2003

Schwuk wrote:

> Another interesting article re: Linux on the desktop:
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT5015443255.html
> --
> Schwuk

An interesting if rather long analysis in favour of Linux. Incidentally,

I started with SuSe v5.2, so I go back further than this guy. And at the

time MS Windows 3.1 seemed quite good. I've still got v3.11 (Windows for

workgroups) loaded up --- with a TCP/IP stack added so it can talk to
the rest of my LAN.

I've been impressed by the many inroads being reported for Linux in the
computer press, ranging from the West Yorkshire Police network to the
use of Linux clusters for graphics in films such as Lord of the Rings.
Surely some of this could be turned to advantage in promoting Linux
generally.

Ken