[Cumbria] CUMBRIA LUG

Ken Hough cumbria at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 10:29:08 2003

Michael Saunders wrote:

>Right-click context-menus are pretty much the norm thesedays for bringing
>up options in a program, and it's not hidden in some config editor or
>requires manual hacking of a file. How do you think it could be easier?

Yes! But I'm used to right clicking on the sceen area. Wasn't expecting
to have to click on the (bare) part of the lower bar.

Ken

>>I don't have a Home icon.
>>

>Weird... the usual stock RH8 desktop has a "<user's> Home" icon in the
>top-left, along with some others like the Trashcan. Anything else on the
>desktop itself which may bring up Nautilus?
>
>Mike

I'm looking at an absolutely bog standard RH8 installation. Haven't done
anything to modify the Gnome scene. definitely no Home icon.

Have done search for 'nautilus'. Found some config files under /root and
/etc, but no ref to executable. Where should it be and what is it called?

Help please!

Ken